Monday 14 July 2008

round and round

Yes I am working on the Lúcháir project, but it isn't going very fast. I still have my head full of Saracens, and it's hard to get focussed. So I have been going round my bookshelves picking things up and turning them over, and so far I have read
Colour by Rose Tremain
Medieval Lyrics ed RT Davies, who is still as annoying as I remember him from uni
What I Loved by Siri Husdvedt which I'm sure I read once before, but can't remember
The Corfu Trilogy by Gerald Durrell (fun but repetitious)
and I am in the middle of a book about the blues by Alan Lomax (which seems to have provided the entire plot for Honeydripper - a fine film btw) and The Love of a Good Woman by Alice Munro.
It is all turning into a rich compost, but I have to say that it feels more like a new novel than poems and short stories, at least so far.

No comments: